It's a sunny morning, and I'm waiting to go to work

It's strange to be 'waiting' to go to work, but that's what I'm doing.  I have no research work to do currently, so I'm sitting on my grass-green couch, reading online newspapers, drinking coffee, and watching the sun grow stronger on this beautiful spring day.  It's going to be a hot one!  Even though I've got plenty of time to get ready and get out of the house, I'll very likely be a little late for work.  It's always hard to get away from the couch and the newspaper.

I also wanted to tell you about these:

These make my day every time I glance over in their direction.  They are solar powered flowers that flap their leaves and bob their heads from side to side.  Silly, but great.  So cheerful!  The pink one is quite energetic, and the rose is a little more stately.  Drew and I picked these up at the hardware store last weekend, when we bought a little coal-burning BBQ.  (The hibachi is OK, but difficult to use because the meat sticks to the metal grill-plates, and because they are movable, as in they move so that you can control the heat, they are not the sturdiest when prying a burger off the grill.  It's also too small for our BBQ-ing needs.  I'll show you the new one when I get it assembled.)

Also cheerful: I am wearing a hello kitty ring, that my very good friend Elaine gave me two years ago, when she was packing her montreal apartment to move to Arizona.  It seems like so long ago now.  The hello kitty ring is brought out on special occasions, when I feel lack-lustre about the day, and when the funniest thing I can think of is saying "hellooooo... kittaaaay" in a strange voice.  Colbert loves it.

Comments

Popular Posts