Live Long and Prosper in 2012

'Tis the beginning of 2012!

The frequency of my posting really plummeted at the end of 2011, and I regretfully admit that I didn't post about the last couple of wine classes that I had (or the crazy-hard, knock-your-socks-off exam), and so, friends, I apologize.  THIS, however, is a new year; one which holds all kinds of promise and potential.

I have a really good feeling about 2012.  I don't know where that's coming from exactly, but it's there.  I had a good 2011 all-around.  It was a challenging year for many reasons, with Drew living in Kingston, and me still finding my bearings after moving to Toronto, and a touch of financial pressure.  This year, I think, is going to be much better.

One personal reason is that Drew now lives with me in Toronto!  He moved a week before Christmas, which along with studying for the wine exam is partly why I was so poor at posting here.  I am very happy that we live together, and our place looks excellent and cozy - not overstuffed - and Colbie is cat-psyched (human-mildly-pleased) to have him back.  This really makes me feel like it's going to be a good year.  No more travelling back and forth, we have weekends available to do things - like yoga, which we did on Sunday, which has partially crippled me today - we have mornings for coffee and breakfast and planning, and we have evenings after work to cook, read, hug, watch movies, and drift off to sleep.  It's going to be a good year.

Another reason that I'm stoked for 2012 is that it's a leap year!  It may be a personal superstition of sorts, or maybe it's more widespread, but I think that leap years are lucky.  An extra day for all of us is a pretty awesome thing.  My sister gets an extra day to be 25!  How sweet is that?  It's almost as if our lives get extended by a day every four years.  I think that February 29th should be a national holiday.  It only happens every four years, and really, it's a free day that we get in the year - we should be allowed to enjoy it as we wish.

Now that things have settled down after the holidays and the year is off to a racing start, I'll renew my posting habits.  I am starting the second-level wine course next week, and so I'll try to post some of the delicious wines we taste along the way with interesting tidbits of info (assuming that there are some - and I really hope there are).

Stay tuned, and happy 2012 is good to all of you!

Comments

Popular Posts