A Blossom of Kindness in August


I've been lacking in inspiration lately. I need that hook, the spark, to get my creative brain running.  The dog days of August have made me lazy, and that's OK.  I'm busy floating in an inner tube on the gentle river of summer evenings and ice cream on weekends.  My quest for change goes on, but slower.  It lead me to this, a most interesting and wonderful graduation speech by George Saunders.

The entire speech is worth a long and thoughtful read, or two  maybe.  What really hit me, of all of his advice, was this: "Do those things that incline you toward the big questions, and avoid the things that would reduce you and make you trivial. " Has there ever been a more valuable grain of wisdom?  I don't know, but I plan on heeding this advice wholeheartedly.  At the end of my life, I will be able to say "it was so wonderful."


Comments

Popular Posts