Death to Peeñata: Emma's Bachelorette Party

Last weekend was my sister's bachelorette party, and this is my new favourite thing:


This is Emma, in her high school prom dress, blindfolded, whacking a custom-Kate-MacKay-made penis piñata (peeñata for short) with two mini-sticks, and laughing hysterically. She gets it cracked with a solid swing across the top. I could watch this all morning - or for at least half an hour with coffee.

It turns out that peeñatas aren't standard piñata fare, so the only way to get one is to make it yourself. If anyone wants to make one, I can share what I learned from building this one in the comments (pro tip: start about a month in advance of when you need it). Alternatively, I may consider starting a peeñata business - new orders welcome!

Just for fun, here are some extra peeñata photos. Here it is when Emma first saw it, suspended from the upper-level deck (she knocked it off the string with one good smack):


Here's victorious Emma, having finally gotten it open, with all of its fun candy and non-candy contents spilled on the ground:


Finally, Emma decided that we should all become formally engaged to her through the symbolic giving and receiving of penis ring-pops:


I do.

Comments

Popular Posts