Explore 2021

Parsley Bay, Valcluse - *chef's kiss*

Drew and I have decided that our project for 2021 is to explore.

For Christmas, Anna gave Drew a book called 'Wild Swimming Sydney,' and this brilliant guide book to the greater Sydney area has inspired us. It covers over 250 cool swimming spots, including beaches, rivers, bogey holes, lakes, and tidal pools. 

We got started on our Explore 2021 project this past weekend, with gusto. We went to Coogee beach on Saturday, snorkelled in Gordon's Bay and Clovelley on Sunday, and ventured to Parsley Bay on Monday afternoon. 

By which time, I had developed a rocking ear infection from all the swimming, which plagues me still. I have ear drops, and I'm managing the pain with paracetamol and naproxen, but all the lymph nodes on the left side of my head are swollen. 

Drew is hitting the waves at Manly today on a solo surf adventure, while I keep my ear dry (aside from the thrice-daily drops). I've begun to wonder if I have a sea creature living in my skull now? Maybe I should start to consider names for it.

Comments

Popular Posts