The Last Moment

Rough cotton crinkles, stitching scrapes against my skin; nothing like new jeans.

**This marks the end of (Inter)National Small Stones Month.  I've enjoyed noticing the small things in day-to-day life, and the project of shaping them into something more or less resembling a haiku.  All the same, I'm happy that the challenge is over - it's more fun to notice things in life without having the self-propelled pressure of a challenge to write one each day for a month.  I didn't make every day - I took weekends off.  At first I saved up the moments for Monday morning, but then I decided not to distract myself on weekends by trying to keep track of little haikus for the week.  It was better that way; I like staying away from the internet on weekends and focusing on the world around me, and I like living in the moments more often than shaping them into a statement (under 140 characters for twitter, even).  It was a great project for the darkest, coldest month of the year, and now I'm ready to end it with the close of January.

Comments

Popular Posts